Widen Your User Base with an ADA Accessible Site
By opening up your website to the 15% of the global population that has a visual, auditory, motor, or cognitive impairment – you tap into a market with a spending power of $8 trillion (based on
Brand reputation and social responsibility are crucial for businesses, and web accessibility is an essential part of this. In order to be in line with legislation and maintain a brand reputation, you should do something about web accessibility. Once you implement an accessibility solution, you will have an accessibility statement, and that says a lot about your brand.
ADA Tax Credits
Automation allows you to significantly cut compliance costs and make web accessibility possible. Subscribing to the accessiBe widget costs your business just $490 per year per domain for websites under 1,000 pages. In addition, the price is even lower after tax credits!
What is the ADA tax credit?
The U.S. government promotes and supports accessibility practices that comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by incentivizing the efforts made and sustained with a tax credit.
Who is eligible to apply?
1. Any business that generated $1,000,000 or less during the year before filing.
2. Any business that employs 30 or fewer full-time employees in the previous tax year.
How to apply?
If your business fits one of these two qualifications talk to your tax preparer about form 8826.
Legal Consequences of Not Having an ADA Compliant Site
In recent years, there has been a surge in state court lawsuits regarding web accessibility. 2023 saw a record-breaking number of lawsuits and demand letters under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), with 4,605 lawsuits filed. It is estimated that only 3% of demand letters go to trial, as the majority, approximately 97%, are settled beforehand. This indicates that over 100,000 business owners received demand letters in 2023 for failing to make their websites accessible. Moreover, organizations and businesses can be fined up to $150,000 for ADA violations, while the average ADA website lawsuit settlement typically ranges from $20,000 to $50,000.
Get a Free ADA Compliance Website Audit
To learn whether or not your website is accessible for people with disabilities, we can get your website audited with accessScan, accessiBe’s free tool. It’s simple and quick. After that, we’ll know the status of your website and what to do next. You can scan it yourself by entering your domain in the ADA Compliance Website Scan yourself, or we can do it together and review the results.
A Litigation Support Package is Available as a unique service at AccessiBe. It includes:
A comprehensive set of actions, information, and recommendations:
- Compliance audit – You will receive a professional compliance audit showing code examples and plain explanations of how your website covers the essential accessibility requirements, indicating that it complies with WCAG 2.1 level AA success criteria.
- Compliance overview – We will elaborate on how the website and its various components achieved compliance. This overview breaks down the compliance requirements and shows how the website covers them at the code level.
- Accessibility Statement – The accessibility statement provides general information on the accessibility level of your site. The statement also appears in the accessibility interface we have added to your site by default.
- Two website tests – Screenshots of test results from two industry-leading testing tools, proving that the website is accessible by the web accessibility industry standards. The first is accessiBe’s tool, accessScan, and the second, “WAVE.” These two tools are considered industry-leading testing tools.
- accessiBe will provide a screenshot from your website, mapping the most notable accessibility features implemented. This will show what your site looks like for a blind user with a screen reader. Note that sometimes elements appear on top of each other in the mapping screenshot due to many implemented features. That is okay.
- Purchase invoice – Your original purchase invoice of our service shows you have hired an accessibility service company starting at a specific date.
- Violations Request Master – A template to send to the party making the claims to document the violations they believe they’ve found in an understandable and manageable format. This is intended to enable a proper review of their claims if needed.
- accessiBe legal research – Extensive legal research conducted by one of the leading disability law, ADA, and civil rights firms in the United States.
- accessiBe Suggested Response – The suggestion should help you compose a response with your legal team.